For Rent: Luxury Riverfront Apartments.
This prestigious property belongs to a collection of Front Street townhouses known as Governors’ Row.
It was built in 1863 by attorney John H. Briggs, a prominent civic leader of his generation and a direct descendant of John Harris, Jr., the founder of Harrisburg.
Briggs’ great house has withstood the test of time. The conversion to luxury apartments, completed in 2015, introduces a new standard for luxury, style and amenities to please today’s sophisticated urban dweller.
Certifications & Awards.
- Residential Construction Project, Pennsylvania Historic Preservation Awards (2016).
- Historic Preservation Award, Historic Harrisburg Association (2016).
- Best Commercial Renovation Over $100,000, HBA Pyramid Awards (2016).
- Certified Rehabilitation of a certified historic structure, US Department of the Interior – National Park Service (2015).
- Certified Rehabilitation, PA Historical & Museum Commission – Bureau of Historic Preservation (2015).
Location. Located in the historic heart of the city, the Briggs House is within walking distance of every destination in downtown Harrisburg.
Private Parking. City living is better without the hassles of city parking. The Briggs House offers the ultimate convenience of private, onsite parking.
Historic Renovation. The historic Briggs House was completely renovated in 2015 with a new, energy-efficient roof; preservation of historic woodwork, all new plumbing, HVAC and electrical systems; luxurious interior finishes; and more.
Riverfront Address. True today just as when this great house was built over 150 years ago, Front Street remains the iconic address of the city overlooking the Susquehanna.
Luxury & Amenities. The exceptional luxury of these apartments features:
- historic woodwork,
- restored antique hardwood floors,
- tall windows and ceilings,
- designer kitchens, fixtures and appliances,
- private laundry units,
- glass & tile showers,
- architectural lighting,
- individually controlled central air,
- key fob access,
- 24/7 on-call maintenance,
- and much more.
Pet Policy. Pets are permitted with restrictions.