This prestigious property belongs to a collection of Front Street townhouses known as Governors’ Row.
It was built in 1863 by attorney John H. Briggs, a prominent civic leader of his generation and a direct descendant of John Harris, Jr., the founder of Harrisburg.
Briggs’ great house has withstood the test of time. The conversion to luxury apartments, completed in 2015, set a new standard for luxury, style and amenities to please today’s sophisticated urban dweller.
Vartan Group performed the redevelopment and renovation of this important property. The property was sold in 2020.
Certifications & Awards.
- Residential Construction Project of the Year, Pennsylvania Historic Preservation Awards (2016).
- Historic Preservation Award, Historic Harrisburg Association (2016).
- Best Commercial Renovation Over $100,000, HBA Pyramid Awards (2016).
- Certified Rehabilitation of a certified historic structure, US Department of the Interior – National Park Service (2015).
- Certified Rehabilitation, PA Historical & Museum Commission – Bureau of Historic Preservation (2015).